Physiotherapy can be beneficial at any age. From treating sports injuries to degenerative conditions, arthritis and more, our rehabilitative and therapeutic services can help bring relief and restore your physical well-being. At David Da Silva Physiotherapy, we have the ability to assess and analyze the effect of an illness, disability, injury or inactivity. We’ll then develop a customized treatment plan based on your unique needs and goals. As experts in movement and function, we can help:
- Treat and manage neck pain, back pain and other joint injuries
- Address physical challenges associated with pain, arthritis, repetitive strain injury, etc.
- Treat sports injuries and provide advice on prevention and recurrence.
- Provide post-surgical rehabilitation, including joint replacement.
- Maximize mobility for clients with neurological disorders such as stroke, and spinal cord injury.
- Treat children with pediatric conditions such as developmental delay, fractures and cardiorespiratory conditions.
- Assist in the management of incontinence.
- Provide pre and postnatal care, and other women’s health conditions.
- Help manage the physical complications of cancer and its treatment.
- Treat and manage respiratory and cardiac conditions, and provide cardiac rehabilitation following a heart attack or cardiac surgery.
Depending on your customized treatment plan, the following are common treatment methods we may use:
- IF – muscle stimulation for physical therapy
- Ultrasound/laser – to promote tissue healing
- TNS – nerve stimulation for pain therapy
- Traction machine – used to treat certain cervical and lumbar conditions
- Hot wax – for various injuries or arthritis of the hand and fingers
- Hot packs or ice packs – to supplement other modalities
- Soft tissue release techniques – to treat muscles and tendons
- Exercise equipment – to evaluate your progress and determine when you can return to your favourite activities
To begin your treatment plan, contact our office to make an appointment. With a pharmacy on-site, we’re conveniently located in the Courtenay Health Sciences Centre.